Enxtra combines 3 natuaral extracts including C.Flexuous oil (LG) as well as water soluble extracts of A. galanga and G. Glabra.
These offer a natural alternative to the well known ‘Psychostimulant’ Caffeine. The result is an ingredient with similar energy boosting properties but without the post-workout ‘crash effect’! The ‘Caffeine crash’ is the word coined for side effects such as ‘Palpitations, jitters, headaches and insomnia.
Data of 64 subjects found a clear advantage to Enxtra with a 30% increase in ‘Alertness’ across the controlled group.
The findings of this study suggested a steady improvement of ‘energy and focus’ over a complete 5 hour period, compared with the caffeine group who experianced a significant loss of energy after just 1 hour!
(Effects of Cymbopogon Flexuosus, Alpinia Galanga, and Glycyrrhiza Glabra on Attention: A Randomized Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Pilot Study Shalini Srivastava)
Oxyjun is a powerful ingredient that is extracted from the bark of the ‘Termninalia Arjuna’ tree. This safe, natural compound is ‘stimulant free’ and has been shown to help improve cardio output & endurance, as well as the rapid supply of
oxygen to the tissues. A controlled study of 32 subjects was undertaken to determine Oxyjun’s impact on athletic performance.
It found that:
93.5% of those using Oxyjun reported a ‘Significant reduction in fatigue during exercise’. This was backed up by another 8 week study of 40 healthy people, the results of which showed:
- A 4.9% increase in oxygen consumption (VO2 max)
- A 3.6% increase in power generated by lower limbs
- A 4.2% reduction in systolic blood pressure
(Girandola RN, Srivastava S, 2016) (Sandhu JS et al, 2010).
Rednite is a special type of fresh beetroot that is rich in the natural ‘performance enhancer’ Nitrate. Rednite includes up to 5 times the amount of Nitrate as regular Beetroot, and as a result up to 10 times the number of antioxidants. A 2016 study to assess the effectiveness of Rednite found a link to improved performance during heavy resistance exercise.
This benefits of which were:
- Increased power of muscles through to the end of a workout. (i.e improved squat performance)
- Reduced bodies natural tendency to fatigue
- Improved neuromuscular function and aerobic cost during exercise
(The Effects of Nitrate-Rich Supplementation on Neuromuscular Efficiency during Heavy Resistance Exercise) Shawn D. Flanagan
COCONUT WATER POWDER
Coconut water powder comes from the liquid of fresh coconuts, which is then freeze-dried and turned into a powdered form.
Coconut water is rich in vitamins and minerals including; potassium, magnesium, sodium and calcium.
Research suggests that this natural ingredient is the perfect alternative to traditional sports drinks due to its strong concentration of electrolytes.
- Coconut Water contains a large amount of Potassium, Potassium is a vasoactive electrolyte that increases blood flow. Improved blood flow aids in the removal of waste from working muscles and can help keep muscle cramps at bay.
- The minerals in this natural ingredient help in maintaining the fluid balance in your body. It restores hydration and replenishes the minerals lost during a workout.
- A 2007 study showed that coconut water helped restore hydration after exercise-induced dehydration in ten healthy subjects and with better fluid tolerance. Another cross-over study found that coconut water restored hydration after exercise better than water and high electrolyte beverages.
Rehydration after exercise with fresh young coconut water, carbohydrate-electrolyte beverage and plain water.
Saat M J Physiol Anthropol Appl Human Sci. 2002 Mar;21(2):93-104.
Seven health benefits of Coconut Water. Mandy Ferreira 2016 July.
L-Tyrosine is an amino acid that is crucial for the production of neurotransmitters like dopamine, epinephrine and nor-epinephrine. As a result L-Tyrosine is known to improve mood during acute stress conditions. More importantly it promotes focus and cognitive function during exercise.
A 2015 study found that taking tyrosine improved cognitive function during exposure to heat and stress during an exercise regimen. The study concluded that tyrosine showed the following benefits:
- Improved vigilance
- Better cognitive function during exercise-heat stress
- Perceived readiness to invest in the physical and mental effort.
Other human studies have found supplementation with L-tyrosine to be associated with an increased ‘endurance capacity’ in hot conditions. As well as an improved ability to tolerate ‘constant-load’ exercise.
Effect of tyrosine ingestion on cognitive and physical performance utilising an intermittent soccer performance test (iSPT) in a warm environment. Coull NA Eur J Appl Physiol. 2015 Feb;115(2):373-86. doi: 10.1007/s00421-014-3022-7. Epub 2014 Oct 19.
Oral tyrosine supplementation improves exercise capacity in the heat. Tumility L, Eur J Appl Physiol. 2011 Dec;111(12):2941-50.
Tyrosine Ingestion and Its Effects on Cognitive and Physical Performance in the Heat. Coull N Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2016 Feb;48(2):277-86.
L-Citrulline malate is an amino acid that is naturally produced by the body. It is known for its ability to increase strength and endurance during exercise and is recommended for athletes that are preparing for high intensity workouts.
Although the body produces it naturally, supplementation of L-Citrulline malate confers benefits among sports performers by relieving muscle soreness and fatigue.
- A 2010 study confirmed that L-Citrulline malate enhances athletic performance and relieves muscle soreness post-exercise. From the study, a single dose of Citrulline malate was found to decrease muscle soreness by 40%.
- A study of 18 healthy subject showed that L-Citrulline supplementation reduced muscle fatigue by increasing the levels of creatine phosphate, a form of energy reserve in the muscle.
- According to the published results of the study, there was a 34% increase in the energy production during exercise, and a 20% increase in phosphocreatine (the energy system that fuels the muscles) recovery after exercise.
J Strength Cond Res. 2010 May;24(5):1215-22. Citrulline malate enhances athletic anaerobic performance and relieves muscle soreness. Pérez-Guisado J1, Jakeman PM.
Br J Sports Med. 2002 Aug;36(4):282-9. Citrulline/malate promotes aerobic energy production in human exercising muscle. Bendahan D.
Caffeine in its natural form is known to improves your focus and concentration. It has also been specifically proven to boost alertness during tasks.
A 2007 study found that alertness and work output improved after caffeine supplementation, due to a marked improvement in vigilance and increased ability to exert sustained attention
At physical level aspects such as performance, time-to-exhaustion, and endurance also improved.
- Research looking at diet-induced mood changes the benefits of taking caffeine. Participants of the study reported better focus, higher energy levels, improved efficiency and wakefulness.
- Various studies have also found that Caffeine can help endurance in athletes due to its ergogenic effect. Researchers have found that ingesting caffeine can increase the accumulation of muscle glycogen thereby preventing fatigue and increasing time to exhaustion.
Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2002 Nov;164(2):188-92. Epub 2002 Sep 4. Effects of caffeine on mood and performance: a study of realistic consumption. Brice CF1, Smith AP.
Effect of Caffeine on Sport-Specific Endurance Performance: A Systematic Review. Matthew S Ganio. December 200
BETA ALANINE CARNOSYN
Beta-Alanine is considered an ‘ergogenic’ nutrient due to its ability to promote performance, stamina and recovery.
A review report published in 2010 revealed that beta-alanine supplementation improved exercise performance during multiple bouts of high-intensity exercise and in single bouts of exercise lasting more than sixty seconds.
- The review also reported that beta-alanine intake delayed the onset of neuromuscular fatigue.
- Beta-Alanine has also been shown to increases the levels of carnosine a protein molecule. High levels of Carnosine may reduce fatigue in women during aerobic activity. This is particularly important because levels of Carnosine are reported to be lower in women compared to men.
Effects of anine supplementation on exercise performance: a meta-analysis. R. M. Hobson Amino Acids. 2012 Jul; 43(1): 25–37.
Influence of Skeletal Muscle Carnosine Content on Fatigue during Repeated Resistance Exercise in Recreationally Active Women. Alyssa N. Varanoske.
Role of beta-alanine supplementation on muscle carnosine and exercise performance. Artioli GG1, Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2010 Jun;42(6):1162-73.
Taurine is an amino acid that is abundant in muscles and the brain. This antioxidant is has anti-inflammatory properties which make it beneficial for endurance athletes. It is known as a performance-booster and for its ability to improve focus. It is also essential for preventing muscle twitching during exercise.
- Research shows that taurine levels drop after exercise, and administrating taurine can help alleviate muscle cramps during and after a workout.
- A study on thirty-six untrained subjects observed the effects of taurine supplementation. It revealed that taurine delayed the onset of muscle soreness and damage among the subjects.
- Taurine helps in releasing GABA, an important neurotransmitter in the brain. Researchers found that Taurine ingestion improved sleep, concentration, calm and reduced anxious tendencies.
Adv Exp Med Biol. 2013;776:179-87. doi: 10.1007/978-1-4614-6093-0_18. Additional effects of taurine on the benefits of BCAA intake for the delayed-onset muscle soreness and muscle damage induced by high-intensity eccentric exercise. Ra SG.
Taurine Is a Potent Activator of Extrasynaptic GABAA Receptors in the Thalamus. Fan Ji Journal of Neuroscience 2 January 2008, 28 (1) 106-115.
PANTOTHENIC ACID/VITAMIN B5
Pantothenic acid is believed to support a high level of energy in athletes and bodybuilders. It is also known as vitamin B5 and plays the main role in forming coenzyme-A.
- Coenzyme A is instrumental in turning proteins, carbohydrates and fats into usable energy.
- Vitamin B5 is also necessary to convert choline into acetylcholine. Adequate levels of acetylcholine are vital for focus, memory and concentration.
- B5 is also called as the “anti-stress” vitamin. Studies show that it is helpful in reducing anxiety since it helps make the important neurotransmitter coenzyme A.
Studies show that deficiency of pantothenic acid results in numbness and burning of the hands and feet, fatigue, restlessness, irritability, and disturbed sleep. Maintaining optimal levels of Vitamin B5 is crucial for enhanced energy levels and better physical performance.
HODGES RE J Clin Invest. 1959 Aug;38(8):1421-5. Human pantothenic acid deficiency produced by omega-methyl pantothenic acid.
Pantothenic acid deficiency in man. HODGES RE, J Clin Invest. 1958 Nov;37(11):1642-57.
Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble ingredient that is well known for its ability to maintain healthy nerve and metabolic function. It is crucial for energy release, memory, movement and blood circulation
A study observing the blood vitamin levels of athletes found that concentrations of B6 fell after a marathon and that supplementing with B6 promotes better physical training.
- This ingredient is necessary for your body to make the mood regulating hormone serotonin (regulates mood) as well as the fat burning hormone norepinephrine.
- Vitamin B6 also has a crucial role in cognitive functions since it helps produce neurotransmitters that are responsible for memory, concentration and focus. Research links optimal vitamin B6 status to better mood levels, lower pain perception, and lower levels of mental fatigue.
Int J Sport Nutr. 1994 Jun;4(2):154-65. Acute changes in vitamin B6 status in endurance athletes before and after a marathon. Rokitzki L.
Med Hypotheses. 2000 May;54(5):803-7. High-dose pyridoxine as an ‘anti-stress’ strategy McCarty MF1.
Vitamin B12 is an important vitamin for the nerves. It is responsible for energy and endurance of athletes. It is also vital for forming new blood cells, and repairing damaged ones, hence it plays a crucial role in enhancing physical performance.
Optimal levels of vitamin B12 help reduce homocysteine levels and improve nitric oxide production. The result is improved blood circulation and nutrient delivery for the exercising muscles. Studies show that a deficiency of vitamin B12 results in anaemia and poor endurance performance.
Also, a 2010 study showed that detecting a B12 deficiency is more prominent in people who exercise on a regular basis. Vitamin B12 benefits energy levels, mood and is crucial for many metabolic functions.
Lukaski, H. C. (2004) Vitamin and Mineral Status: effects on physical performance, Nutrition, 20(7-8), 632-644. Morwood, J. M. B. (1952).
B12 deficiency may be more difficult to detect in people who exercise regularly. Vitamin B-12 deficiency BMJ 2010; 340 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.c2305 (Published 01 June 2010) Cite this as: BMJ 2010;340:c2305.
POWHER is manufactured to the highest quality standards in line with good manufacturing practice (GMP).
Each tub is produced in FDA registered facilities, meaning you can be sure that you’re getting a quality, U.S. made product you can believe in.
We ship worldwide from the USA & UK using a tracked delivery service.